Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Spirits of Kildala Fog















In 1982 I spent five months living alone in a small cabin on Kildala Arm, near Kitamaat Village. One morning I awoke to a thick blanket of fog filling the bay. Throughout the morning I watched as the sun began to break through, and the fog bank slowly dispersed. I took this photo from the shore of Atkins Bay and later, digitally added the dugout-canoe images.
Before my time, such sights were common place along these waterways. In 1983 I took photos of the last two dugout canoes to have been used for traditional Oolichan food-fish harvesting on the Kildala River.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave constuctive comments, thoughts and ideas, as well as suggestions as to what you may wish to have included on this blog page. Thank you.